The packages on this page are suitable for Linux distributions based on debian packages (e.g. Ubuntu, Linux Mint, MX Linux etc.)
Download the Runtime engine package
Download the MotorLab app package
Use the terminal to install the packages
See below for Important details
1. In your distribution open a shell terminal. In Ubuntu this can be found in the shelf on the left, or by clicking on Applications and searching for Terminal.
2. Paste the following command into the terminal (Ctrl+Shift+V) to navigate to the Downloads folder (Alternatively navigate to the appropriate folder where your downloads are saved).
3. Use the following command in the terminal to create a MotorLab subfolder:
4. Type or paste the following commands into the terminal to move the downloaded files to the MotorLab subfolder:
mv LabVIEW2019RTE_Linux_deb.tar.xz MotorLab
mv MotorLab_2022.0.1-1_amd64.deb MotorLab
5. Navigate to the MotorLab folder:
6. Use the following command to extract the LabView runtime engine .deb files to the current folder:
tar -xvf LabVIEW2019RTE_Linux_deb.tar.xz
7. Use the following command to install all of the new .deb files (this step will require your admin password).
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
8. The MotorLab app (lightbulb icon) can now be found in your applications menu.